Monday, August 1, 2011

Pea Support


This is my first year growing vegetables and so far it is going well. The plants are healthy and growing a lot more than anticipated. My pea plants (which I planted way too many of) are growing at an alarming rate. I realized that they would need a structure to climb up. My brilliant boyfriend, Chris, helped me design a medium sized pea support. We went to Home Depot and bought some skinny pieces of lumber. I already had some yarn and small nails. First we made the ends by nailing together the wood in a triangle. Then we connected the two triangles together with more wood. I then hammered nails into the top and bottom of each side and strung yarn around the nails to make a climbing area. I turned out really good! The peas love it, but they have already outgrown it in two weeks...

I would suggest a larger one.


No comments:

Post a Comment