Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fabric Rosette Headband


These fabric rosettes are really cute and easy. I have seen them on so many craft projects and I fell in love. I learned how to make them from this tutorial. I like them because they are messy, yet cute and compact.

Ingredients
  • Fabric - the longer your strip of fabric, the bigger the flower will be. I used a 2"x 12" strip for my big flowers and a 2"x 9" strip for the little one.
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Scissors
  • Headband - or whatever you want to attach the flowers to
Cut out your fabric and fold it in half lengthwise.


*I have no idea what was going on with the background colors
Tie a knot at the end. Make sure to leave a tiny tail so you can fold it under the knot.


With some hot glue, fold the little tail under the knot.


After it is secure start folding your long fabric strip around your knot. Twist inward towards the knot and secure with glue at intervals. I glued every two twists.






Keep twisting and gluing around the flower. As you get toward the end make sure to leave enough to tuck under the bud.


Twist the end and tuck under. Secure with glue.



Once that is dry flip it over and attach a small circle of fabric to the bottom. This helps keep the flower from falling apart and covers the gritty bottom edges for a clean finish.




Clip the edges of the circle so they do not stick out from under the rosette. Now you have a finished product! They are so easy it was hard not to make a bunch of them. 


I did make a couple more so I could put them on a headband.



I used the hot glue and attached them to the headband. I adjusted them so they covered the spots on the headband. 


This turned out really cute! I love this headband and I cannot wait to wear it. I will wear it to work today!





22 comments:



  1. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Common outings let us discuss simplest way to thanks a ton for your personal efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. helpful information and facts. Lots of, thanks a lot!

    ===

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing blog that understand the value.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its really fun to read this. I enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. It’s always interesting to read articles here. you really great

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am grateful for for your information! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah! It’s simple article, yet effective. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was an excellent article. You made some great points.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woooow, amazing blog to read, thanks for sharing, and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really helped me by writing this article. I like the subject too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT ARTICLE,THIS WHAT TOTALLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post ! I am pretty much pleased with your good post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally found great post here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to write a thesis on this subject, but I would like you to give your opinion once.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your weblog is definitely worth a read if anyone comes throughout it

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to thank you for this good read!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. have you book marked to check out new things you post

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoy your web’s topic. Very creative and friendly for users.

    ReplyDelete