Sunday, September 25, 2011

Homemade Pesto


I have never made homemade pesto before but it looked easy enough. I was not exact in all my measurements because I believe in cooking by your taste buds and not only by a recipe, unless you have no idea what you are doing. So I started with:


Ingredients:
  • Basil - A full medium sized bowl. At least 4 cups of un-chopped basil
  • Olive Oil - I think I used 1/2 a cup
  • Garlic - 4 to 5 cloves 
  • Pine Nuts - 1/2 cup
  • Salt - to taste
 First pick the rest of the basil in your garden (finally) and pick off all the leaves.


Brown the garlic (with skin on) and the pine nuts. The garlic took about 10 minutes to soften and the pine nuts took only 5 minutes. 



Put all the ingredients in a food processor and chop, chop, chop! 


Taste and add whatever it tastes like you need. I added a bit more salt and olive oil. Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment