Thursday, December 1, 2011

Glitter Christmas Ornaments


As you know I love glitter, so why not put it on my tree? Well, of course not on the tree, but on the ornaments! This is the first Christmas we are celebrating in our new house so of course we do not have many decorations. Which means more crafting for me!
I made a variety of different ornaments for the tree so I used a lot of different stuff.

Ingredients:
  • Mod Podge
  • Ornaments (glass or plastic)
  • Glitter
  • Cello Glitter - looks like snow
With the basic glitter ornaments I painted the glass with Mod Podge and then covered it with glitter. Remember to take the top off the ornament before crafting.





Awesome! Be careful when sticking your fingers in the glass ornaments, I learned the hard way and sliced my finger :(
For a couple other ornaments I put Cello Glitter on the inside or the outside of the ornaments. I think it looks a bit like snow, but sparklier (I know it's not a word)





The other ornaments I filled with these puffy, sparkly things I bought at Michael's.




My tree looks pretty awesome! I hope these ideas are inspiring you to try new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment