Sunday, January 29, 2012

Valentine's Day Cards

I had a couple of ideas for Valentine's Day so I made them all! I tried using different textiles to make the cards interesting. Here is the first and simplest one:


Ingredients:
  • White Paper
  • Red Felt
  • White Thread & Needle
  • Heart Shape (for a cut-out)
  • Red Pen
I took a blank white card and cut out a heart shape. Then I put the felt behind the cut out and taped it down. Next take a needle and thread and stitch a ... stitch on the heart. On the inside write a message:


To finish it off cover the inside felt with white paper so it looks finished. Cute!

The next one uses felt and burlap to make an interesting blend.

Ingredients:
  • Background Paper & White Paper (background)
  • Burlap
  • Red Felt
  • White Thread & Needle

I cut a heart out of the red felt and stitched it to some burlap. Then i cut the burlap to fit around the heart. I cut a patterned piece of paper a bit smaller than the card and glued it on the white background. Then I attached the heart to the background. All done!
The last one has way too many steps so I won't lecture you. The colors look a bit off in the pictures but it looks really good in person. 


The realistic heart might make it look a bit creepy, but for us medical peeps it is pretty cool ... well at least I love it.


Tell me what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment